- Applicants and sponsors are invited to complete our online feedback survey and rate a number of aspects including the website, the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS), helpfulness of the correspondence they have received and their views of the committee meeting they attended.
- If you have provided feedback in the past, you have the right to withdraw your consent for feedback data to be used by the HRA. If you wish to withdraw consent, please email email@example.com to advise that you wish to withdraw consent and all feedback data (and identified as you providing) will be deleted.
- Members of our committees are routinely asked for their views on current issues and ways in which they think our services can be improved through the Chairs and Members feedback form.
- We produce bi-annual user satisfaction public reports of our work, highlighting actions or proposed actions from HRA Management based on feedback received. The latest report is available here.
For past copies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accreditation Scheme for Research Ethics Committees (RECs)
In 2007 we established a three year rolling accreditation programme in order to audit UK RECs against agreed standards as detailed in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Governance Arrangements for Research Ethics Committees (GAfREC). RECs are issued with an audit decision – full accreditation, accreditation with conditions (low risk non-compliance identified requiring an action plan) or provisional accreditation (high and low risk issues requiring an action plan).
We produce bi-annual accreditation reports.
• The latest report is available here.
For past copies please contact: email@example.com
Quality Control checks are undertaken as part of Assurance Mapping and on specific parts of the process/function. For RECs in Northern Ireland and Scotland an annual Quality Control check is undertaken, by the Quality Assurance Department, against agreed standards.
Annual meeting observations (of a REC meeting) are undertaken by Operational Management. Please note: For England and Wales only, completion of meeting observations has been formally suspended as from February 2019.
If you require further information relating to the work of the HRA Quality Assurance department please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.