This area covers all live consultations and calls for good practice or evidence.
Our work as a health and social care research regulator impacts on patients and the public, so it is important we listen to your views and incorporate them into our work. Public consultations help us to make policies more effective, improve quality, and alert us to issues we may not have thought about.
If you are interested in taking part in a public consultation, we would love to hear from you. Please click on the link for the consultation that interests you and follow the instructions.
If we do not have any open consultations but you wish to contribute to our agenda, you may want to consider joining our Public Involvement Network. Members of the network have helped us to recruit staff at the HRA, re-designed and developed content for our website, and have worked with us to develop and deliver staff training. Get in touch to find out more.
Telephone: 0207 104 8161
Write: HRA public involvement team, Health Research Authority, 3 Piccadilly Place, London Road, Manchester, M1 3BN.
How we conduct consultations
We seek feedback on new policies or services through both informal consultation, and formal 12-week consultations.
Informal consultation includes workshops and focus groups.
Our formal consultations:
- are as open and transparent as possible;
- are open to all and for at least 12 weeks;
- always keep identifying information about individuals confidential;
- may make organisational responses public;
- produce a summary of responses 12 weeks after the consultation has closed;
- have a consultation report published.
If you have any questions about how we conduct consultations, please contact us.
There are currently no open consultations.
- Research Transparency (closed)
- Site specific information for NHS/ HSC sites – a call for comments (closed)
- Transparency – Registration and reporting (Closed)
- Call for comments on HRA’s next steps on registration and reporting trials (Closed)
- Draft UK policy framework for health and social care research – consultation (closed)
- Feedback on revised model Clinical Trial Agreement (mCTA) – England (closed)
- Protocol guidance and template for qualitative studies – for consultation in use (closed)
- Protocol guidance and template for use in a Clinical Trial of an Investigational Medicinal Product (CTIMP) – for consultation in use (Closed)
- Draft UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research – for comment (Closed)
- Feedback on revised model Non-Commercial Agreement (mNCA) (Closed)
- Recruiting participants (Closed)
- Seeking informed consent for simple and efficient trials in the NHS (Closed)
- Guidance on participant information at the end of a study (Closed)
- Reviewing how the NHS supports educational research (Closed)
- Sponsor Responsibilities (Closed)
- Call for good practice – participation (Closed)
- Patient involvement strategy (Closed)
- Call for good practice – info sheets (Closed)
- What are the risks to research because of perceived risks of research? (Closed)
- Risk in research: serious breach notifications and safety reporting (Closed)
If you have any queries about any consultation that has closed please contact us.