- COVID-19 human infection challenge vaccine studiesThe first COVID-19 human infection challenge vaccine study in the world is planned in the UK. Human infection challenge vaccine studies involve the deliberate infection of healthy volunteers. These studies can be particularly valuable for testing vaccines and can speed up the development of new vaccines.
- New Chief Digital Transformation Officer to help transform digital research systems
- What's next for health research?
- Amending an approvalAmendments are changes made to a research project after approval from a review body has been given. Find out whether you need to notify the review bodies from whom you have received approvals.
- Application summariesAs part of our commitment to transparency we publish information on projects that have been approved and decisions that have been made by a REC and applications that have been approved by the CAG.
- TemplatesThe introduction of the GDPR brings with it stricter requirements around how organisations inform people of how their personal data is being used. We have drafted a series of templates to help organisations meet this requirement.
Helping you to succeed first time
To help you write and submit your HRA Approval application, our top tips can be found in the help section on IRAS.
We see common application errors which usually delay an application's progress and in some mean it is rejected. Understanding these common errors will help you to not make the same mistakes.
Your application is assessed against a set of criteria and standards which apply to NHS project-based research. Your HRA Approval application will normally include ethical review - the relevant criteria is contained in the Research Ethics Committee Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).