Details of all approved applications are held in a register of approvals which is updated monthly.
The register contains summary information about the activity, details of the identifiers approved, and applicant contact details.
The CAG register details all applications that have received approval from the Secretary of State for Health or the Health Research Authority (HRA approvals from 1 April 2013).
For convenience, the CAG register is divided into four documents:
- April 2013 onward approved research applications
- April 2013 onward approved non-research applications
- January 2009 - March 2013 approved applications (advice provided by the NIGB ECC)
- 2001 - 2008 approved applications (advice provided by PIAG)
CAG meeting minutes hold detailed information on the CAG rationale for each application advised against.
Each application entry shows a ‘next review date’. If this date has passed but the entry still shows approved it is likely that an annual review is in the process of approval.
To ensure finding an application using the search function on the CAG registers, please follow these instructions:
- Click anywhere on the Excel spreadsheet (except the hyperlinks)
- Click ‘Control’ and ‘F’ to bring up the find function
- Click on 'Options'
- Next to the ‘Look in’ function on the left, please select ‘Values’
If you are a data controller checking that a study has valid approval; if you are an applicant who believes there is an error with your entry; or if any of the details have changed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org