To support and guide researchers through the HRA Approval process we have produced some useful training resources.
Our materials have been tested with a range of audiences but if you think there is anything missing or have any suggestions about how we can improve this area, please get in touch.
Resources to use when training applicants
- Powerpoint on HRA Approval processes for commercial sponsors and CROs
- Powerpoint on HRA Approval process for Non-commercial sponsors and chief investigators
- Handout materials for trainers to use alongside presentations (includes: application checklists, example HRA letters)
- Amendment flowchart
Leaflets for the research community
- For health services research in the NHS in England that involves staff
- For all types of research in primary care
- For clinical trials
- For research studies other than clinical trials
- HRA Approval for local research teams
Sponsors and applicants
To support both sponsors and applicants we have created six eLearning modules outlining the HRA Approval process for commercial and non-commercial sponsors respectively. We are currently in the process of developing three more modules that will be coming soon.
They cover applying for HRA Approval and setting up HRA Approval studies in the NHS in England. They include details of new HRA Approval arrangements for amendments and new sites that now apply to all NHS studies in England started in pre-HRA Approval systems.
Visit our dedicated ‘training days’ area to find out when the next session is taking place near you.
Alternatively the National Institute for Healthcare Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network offers an eLearning module on attribution of costs for research in the NHS.