TitleNovel Coronavirus Observational Study
Professor Calum Semple
University of Oxford
New study or amendment to existing study
The purpose of the CCP-UK is to study COVID-19 disease to better understand its spread and behaviour by analysing biological samples and data from patients with confirmed cases of the disease across the UK.
Data from this important study will help to answer urgent questions about the virus and provide real-time information about the disease.
It is hoped the study could help to control the outbreak and improve treatment for patients by generating important evidence around:
- Who in the population is at higher risk of severe illness
- What the best way is to diagnose the disease
- What actually happens in their immune systems to help or harm them
- The effects of drugs used in patients with COVID-19
- How long people are infectious for and from which bodily fluids
- Whether people are infected with other viruses (e.g. flu) at the same time
South Central - Oxford C
Back to approved covid-19 research