http://www.harp.org.uk/is a database which records and tracks the progress of research applications submitted to the HRA. Information held in HARP is held securely and confidentially and access is restricted to authorised users who manage or review studies submitted to the HRA.
Research Ethics Committess (RECs)
HARP also manages the process of booking applications onto RECs.
HARP enables REC members to access a members portal, which enables them to view full, proportionate and or substantial amendment applications electronically, enabling us to be more efficient and environmentally-sustainable as an organisation. The video below provides an overview and demonstration of the HARP member portal.
HRA Approval Portal
HARP enables NHS organisations to check the HRA Approval status of a study that they are participating in, they can also access the HRA Initial Assessment and HRA Approval letters. The Portal will not however provide a complete set of documents – study documents will be provided to sites by the sponsor.
Research and Development (R&D) Offices have been offered the opportunity of requesting up to 2 user accounts. We recognise that one R&D office may provide research management support to one or a number of NHS organisations (acute, community or primary care settings in CCG areas) but it is anticipated that use of HARP will be occasional as for most studies NHS organisations will receive all the information they need from sponsors.
- The HRA Approval Portal is not the equivalent to the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) CSP Module
- The primary search function in the HRA Approval Portal is by IRAS number
- The HRA Approval Portal does not list which sites have confirmed capacity or capability, it provides the status of HRA Approval only
- A very limited number of documents will be viewable on HRA Approval Portal however this may change over time
- You can only view HRA Approval studies on the HRA Approval Portal. Commercially sponsored Phase 1/2a Clinical Trials are excluded from the HRA Approval Portal.
User accounts are granted to individuals and as such, accounts must not be shared and each user will be required to sign up to terms and conditions of use. For more information please read the HRA Approval portal user guide.
For support please email: firstname.lastname@example.org