Questionnaire to Identify Symptoms Following CRC Treatment
QUESTIONNAIRE DEVELOPMENT FOR SYMPTOM IDENTIFICATION IN COLORECTAL CANCER PATIENTS
University of Lincoln
Duration of Study in the UK
0 years, 2 months, 20 days
STUDY OBJECTIVES AND PURPOSE
We aim to develop a questionnaire that can be used in the care of patients who are being followed up for CRC treatment.
• Develop a questionnaire for use in CRC patients that is user friendly and allows recognition of symptoms that may affect QoL following treatment so that earlier management can be given.
• Develop a questionnaire for use in CRC patients that is easy to understand and answer.
• Develop a questionnaire that is not time consuming and can be completed prior to follow up appointments to facilitate discussion with a clinician.
This is a single centre, qualitative study involving the use of cognitive interviews to assess the usability of a non-validated questionnaire. A PPI group have been consulted to:
• Discuss important items to include in the questionnaire.
• Explore the best way to layout the information on the questionnaire.
• Ensure the wording in the questionnaire is appropriate and sensitive.
Interviews with a select group of CRC patients who are at least 1 year post treatment will then allow:
• Assessment of the content of the questionnaire.
• Review of the accessibility of the questionnaire.
• Understanding of whether the questionnaire is of relevance and importance to this patient group.
North West - Preston Research Ethics Committee
Date of REC Opinion
4 Aug 2023