We know the HRA is working at its best when our people feel they belong and are valued for who they are, and that they see this borne out in their daily experience of the organisation.
To support this, we proactively consider equality and integrate an anti-discriminatory approach into all areas of our work. This means we believe it’s not enough to focus on individual attitudes or behaviours; we use an Equality Impact Analysis process to scrutinise our policies, practices and services to ensure any systemic discrimination is identified and dismantled, and barriers to accessing services, employment and career progression are removed.
We pride ourselves on offering the flexibility needed to enable people to thrive in their role, regardless of other circumstances or commitments.
Respecting and learning from each other
We expect high standards of dignity and respect to be upheld for our staff, potential staff, volunteers, members, partners, service users and anyone else who interacts with the organisation. Each of us has our part to play to make that happen. That’s why all our staff, contractors, volunteers and members complete mandatory EDI training as part of their induction, and staff have regular opportunities to have their voices heard through our Staff Partnership Forum and EDI staff interest groups.
From words to action
Guided by the voices of our diverse staff interest groups, we have developed an EDI strategy to ensure that our aspirations for change translate into action; that they are transparent, accountable and with a lasting impact. We’ve recently invested in a new position of EDI Manager to support and accelerate this activity. Our equality objectives for 2020-2023 are to:
- develop an inclusive culture
- promote and support inclusive leadership
- increase diversity across all pay bands, in particular band seven and above
- measure our progress utilising standards and benchmarking
Find out more
- Our equality data informs policy and decision making, and is published annually. You can also view the HRA's gender pay gap information, and our submissions for the Workforce Race Equality Standard and Workforce Disability Equality Standard. Together, these help to shape our priorities and practices.
- All of our web information should be accessible, but if you spot something that isn’t accessible, please let us know.
- If you’d like to hear more about ED&I at the HRA, please get in touch.