This page provides links to resources that may be used for training purposes. They have been tested with a range of audiences. Additional material will be added over time.
Resources to use when training applicants:
- Powerpoint on HRA Approval processes for:
- Handout materials for trainers to use alongside presentations (includes: application checklists, example HRA letters) (Version: November 2016)
- Amendment flowchart
Leaflets for the research community
- For health services research in the NHS in England that involves staff
- For all types of research in primary care
- For clinical trials
- For research studies other than clinical trials
- Studies set up through pre-Approval processes (Updated 13 June 2016)
- HRA Approval for local research teams
- HRA Approval Leaflet
E-learning resources for sponsors and applicants
Two new complementary eLearning modules are now available on the HRA Learning Management System (LMS) outlining HRA Approval processes for commercial and non-commercial sponsors respectively.
They cover applying for HRA Approval and setting up HRA Approval studies in the NHS in England. They include details of new HRA Approval arrangements for amendments and new sites that now apply to all NHS studies in England started in pre-HRA Approval systems.
The NIHR Clinical Research Network offers an e-learning module on attribution of costs for research in the NHS.
If you have any feedback on these learning resources please contact email@example.com.
<Page last updated 13 December 2016>