The pages in this section provide additional detail on important topics which are relevant before you submit your application. There are almost 40 pages, which we have categorised as:
- Roles and responsibilities – including chief investigator, principal investigator and sponsor
- Consent and participation – including participant information and adults unable to give consent
- Types of study – including student research, Clinical Trials of Investigational Medicinal Products (CTIMPs), medical devices and information relating to radiation and tissue banks
- Types of ethical review – including ethical considerations in research and pages on CTIMPs
- Non-NHS RECs – Ministry of Defence (MoD), National Social Care and Higher Education Institution RECs
- Clinical Study Design Considerations
The pages include links to external sites, reference documents and explanatory text; many also provide links to other areas of the site, where related information can be found.
We have created these to give you extra detail on key themes and many of them can be reached from more than one page in the site.
We have also made them searchable, are creating a search category of Resources, and have grouped them together on this page for ease of access.