Our new website is easier to navigate and find information. Click here to visit and give us your feedback.

Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority (HFEA)

The application to the HFEA for a license for research involving human embryos and gametes is not yet part of the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS). Please refer to the HFEA website for details of how to apply.

Applications to access HFEA register data for medical research is handled through a joined-up process between the HFEA and the Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG). Therefore, in these circumstances you will need to follow the instructions for an application to CAG. This application will be used by CAG and the HFEA.

The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Regulations apply to the whole of the UK.

Detailed guidance is available on the HFEA website.